Reaching Sustainable Independence
Our measure of success is a living breathing reality—brought to life every day in the face of our employees, volunteers and the families that we serve. Our goal is to achieve lasting independence by delivering temporary assistance while also providing the educational and social resources necessary to get families back on their feet. Here’s the story of one family.
Highest Rating for a Nonprofit Organization
Our efforts to achieve lasting independence and to redress the underlying causes of poverty and homelessness have earned us the title of “4 Star Charity” from Charity Navigator. While our ultimate goal is to help as many children and families as possible, sometimes all it takes is the thankful voice of one to know our efforts are making a meaningful difference.
- More than 140 families with more than 260 children served.
- Nearly 85% of families secured housing, returning to self -sufficiency.
- Kept families intact especially those that could be separate in other places: Mother and father with children. Single fathers with children. Mothers with older teenage sons or daughters. Mothers with children and young adults in the family.
- Church partnerships provide a non-traditional shelter experience allowing job networking, home cooked meals and social contacts.
- Started an interim housing program to give families the opportunity to get back on their feet.
- Coordinates with community agencies to avoid duplication of services.
- Number of nights of shelter provided: nearly 47,000 nights.
- Number of meals provided : nearly 142,000 meals.
- Number of volunteer hours given (approximate): 100,000 hours given.
We thank you for your support and could not do it without you.