Our Interfaith Hospitality Network.
Our Interfaith Hospitality Network (IHN) is a partnership of congregations helping families facing homelessness. It offers an opportunity for volunteers of all faiths to help us transform lives. Watch this story to learn how it works.
Volunteers from host congregations provide hospitality to Family Promise guest families through their church, synagogue or place of worship. Host congregations also often provide financial support to Family Promise for family support services, transportation and other programs. We welcome volunteers of all ages. These volunteers help us provide meals, overnight hospitality, and a friendly face to our families. Other volunteer jobs include:
- Cooking and/or hosting dinner
- Spending the evening with guest families chatting, tutoring kids or playing games
- Sleeping overnight in the congregation
- Coordinating children’s crafts and activities
- Donating needed supplies for the host week
- Setting up and breaking down guest families’ rooms
These congregations also support our mission by donating in kind goods or financial resources.