“The Wheels on the Bus go around and around!”
At Family Promise we could sing that childhood favorite every day. 365 days a year, our bus is going somewhere:
- Taking families to the host church for a welcoming meal and shelter.
- Picking them up in the morning to return to our day center. Taking parents to work preparation classes or on job interviews.
- Heading off to the doctor’s office.
- Visiting apartments to find a new home for our families.
- And one of the most exciting days, being loaded with a family’s possessions on move in day!
Our bus has seen lots of laughter, smiles and, yes, even frowns and tears. And it’s tired. Our bus is on its last days. The time is critical for us to replace it and move forward. This summer it nearly spent more time in the repair shop than on the road. It’s time for us to replace it with a newer one.
To help with that effort, a generous anonymous donor has offered us a Challenge Grant. This donor will match every dollar given to our Wheels On the Bus Fund up to $25,000. This allow us to replace the bus plus create funds for maintenance, repairs, insurance, gas, bus passes and other transportation needs. By giving to the Wheels On the Bus Fund, you will help homeless families to have a fresh start and face the wide open road of possibilities. All the donations marked for this campaign given by October 25 will be matched up to $25,000.
You can help keep our families on the road to success. Our average success rate of helping 85% of our families return to self-sufficiency is thanks to your ongoing support. Let’s keep those wheels turning!